Pharmacy, a complex business unit that combines traditional and modern operating conditions, has to create and adopt its own vision and strategy in order to survive and keep growing.
Every pharmacist is obliged to set goals, develop a strategy and find ways of implementation. Usually, the choice is between stability or growth and expansion. In any case, lack of a strategy mechanism will result in a daily routine and lack of vision.
Each pharmacist should answer the following questions in the first place:
- who am I,
- what do I want to achieve
- which is my exact role in my pharmacy
- which are the pros and cons of my pharmacy compared to my competitors
After having answered the above questions, the pharmacist must draft his/her strategy having in mind:
- the operational costs
- the product categories
- the customer approach and its management
- the promotion and advertising of the pharmacy
The above elements, combined with a personal approach and a customer-centric attitude, will ensure that the set goals will be achieved.